Firefighter among two injured in large Fairfield house fire
A Fairfield firefighter suffered an unknown injury while battling a two-alarm structure fire in the city on Wednesday.
The firefighter was one of two people who received medical treatment after the fire broke out at a home along the 2400 block of La Salle Court.
The blaze started in the attic of the home, though what sparked the fire still remains under investigation.
One person, identified by the fire department as a civilian, was treated by paramedics for symptoms related to smoke inhalation. A firefighter was also injured in the fire, though the extent of their injury was unknown. The firefighter was taken to a local hospital for treatment and was released Wednesday afternoon.
A fire department spokesperson said two cats were rescued from the home during the fire. The structure suffered extensive damage due to fire, heat, smoke and water, with the spokesperson putting the cost of the damage around $300,000.
The Fairfield Police Department, Pacific Gas & Electric and Medic Ambulance all provided assistance at the scene of the fire.