Heat advisory prompts opening of cooling centers in Solano County
The National Weather Service in Sacramento has issued a Heat Advisory for much of the Sacramento Valley, including all of Solano County.
The advisory period begins Tuesday morning at 11 a.m. and lasts until Friday evening at 8 p.m., though it could be extended based on weather conditions.
All branches of the Solano County Library are also designated cooling centers during normal business hours, including:
- Dixon Library (230 North First Street)
- Fairfield Civic Center Library (1150 Kentucky Street)
- Cordelia Library (5050 Business Center Drive, Fairfield)
- John F. Kennedy Library (505 Santa Clara Street, Vallejo)
- Rio Vista Library (44 South Second Street)
- Suisun City Library (601 Pintail Drive)
- Vacaville Cultural Center Library (1020 Ulatis Drive)
- Vacaville Town Square Library (1 Town Square Place)
In Vacaville, the Three Oaks Community Center at 1100 Alamo Drive will also serve as a cooling center from Monday, August 15 until Wednesday, August 17. The community center is open from 8:30 a.m. until 7 p.m.
As additional cooling centers are announced, Solano NewsNet will provide an updated list via our social media channels on Twitter and Facebook. If you live or work in Solano County, you can also join our real-time Facebook group for the latest information and breaking news.
For the latest weather conditions, including real-time alerts from the National Weather Service, click or tap your city or closest location below: