Fire forces evacuation of Genentech building


Graphic by Solano NewsNet

Workers at the Genentech biotechnology complex in Vacaville were briefly evacuated after a fire ignited inside an electrical room on Wednesday.

The fire broke out around 8 p.m. when an electrical box caught fire, igniting several nearby batteries and sending smoke throughout the second floor of the building.

Firefighters rushed to the scene and were able to contain the fire to the room, according to fire dispatches. All Genentech employees were accounted for within a half-hour.

Fire crews from Suisun City, Fairfield, Dixon and U.C. Davis covered the city on behalf of Vacaville firefighters.

I'm interested
I disagree with this
This is unverified